Colin has almost 25 years of institutional investment experience. Colin’s approach has focussed on developing holistic investment solutions rooted in strong governance principles. Colin tailors solutions for clients drawing upon:
· Extensive investment consulting experience – working with both DB and DC plans, foundations and multi-employer plans and some experience with First Nations clients
· Strong specialty DC expertise – Over the course of his career he has designed and launched an innovative Target Date Fund (TDF) and designed the first industry DC fee assessment tool
· A strong investment background, including 8 years working at 2 investment management firms
· Manager research experience with two consulting firms
· A legal background and extensive experience in governance
· Strong communications and project management skills.
Colin has a BA in Commerce and Economics from the University of Toronto, a law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School and an MBA in Finance from the Schulich School of Business. Colin is a frequent industry author and speaker. He is a member of the Benefits Canada Advisory Board and also the Canadian Cancer Society Investment and Pension advisory Committee (IPAC)